Cost: £170 Per Person
(Inclusive Of Food) – (Limited Places Available On A First Paid Basis)
The Survival Weekend is perfect for adventurous beginners and those with some experience as you will learn a comprehensive set of woodland survival skills from a qualified, experienced and friendly instructor/s.
You will take a step closer to real survival in that you have only basic provisions (flour, oil), game (rabbit, pigeons or fish carcasses may be provided depending on availability) and wild plants to sustain you.
You will sleep in natural shelters, purify the water that you drink and cook the food you forage using bushcraft cooking methods. In addition, the course covers knife and saw use, primitive firelighting methods such as sparking and fire by friction.
There will also be a demonstration of trapping methods & wildlife recognition of targeted and non targeted species and more & you will be given guidance, support and instruction in all the methods throughout the course.
BBC Video About the Course
In private woods near Great Walstead School, Lindfield near Haywards Heath, RH16 2QL
We meet outside the reception area of Great Walstead school 7pm on the 17th March. The school is just 10 minutes drive from Haywards Heath Railway Station which is just 45mins direct by train from Victoria Station, London or 1 hour 10 minutes by train from Chichester (or about 1 hour drive from Chichester)
Most of these items don’t cost much but if you are on a tight budget there may be options for borrowing items (shown in blue) and we just need to know what you need in advance.
- Warm, water-proof outdoor clothing (including trousers)
- Hiking boots or similar
- Thermals plus hat, gloves, scarf etc.)
- Long trousers and sleeves – recommended to protect you from brambles and midge bites
- Drinking bottle and cup
- Personal First Aid kit (and any medication you may need)
- Insect repellent
- Fire steel (buy or borrow one on the course – advance notice needed)
- Sheath knife (buy or borrow one on the course – advance notice needed)
- Folding saw (buy or borrow one on the course – advance notice needed)
- Mess tin/plate and cutlery
- Army poncho/or gortex bivvy bag/or small tarp
- Roll mat
- Sleeping bag with appropriate grade for the season
- Torch (preferably head torch) with spare batteries.
“Excellent all round, really nice approachable tutors, covered loads and had a good chance of trying everything hands on” – R. Hazeldean
“Wide range of items covered and each item could easily take up a day or more to learn, but Leon manages to show the basics on each. Almost a sampler so you could fine tune a particular item on another of the courses” – L. Joslin
“A super couple of days providing a real insight to the bushcraft and survival activities – something of an eye opener to the world of nature around us” – A. Kelly
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.